Cancer screening tests in Bangalore are able to detect and treat different kinds of cancer early. Early identification can be quite critical as if the abnormal tissues or cancer is found before any prominent signs and symptoms, it can be easier to treat. In most of the cases, it happens that by the time symptoms will appear, the cancer may have already begun to spread and will be hard to treat. There are many cancer screening packages in Bangalore available and they have been shown to detect cancer in its early stages and lessen the chances of dying from that cancer.
Issues with cancer screening tests in Bangalore
A cancer screening package in Bangalore can also show false-positive results. It means that the test shows that cancer is present even though it is not. False-positive results will result in anxiety and will be typically followed by additional screenings and tests that can cause potential harm. False-negative test results can also give false reassurance, leading to unnecessary delays in the diagnosis of cancer which can cause an individual to avoid seeking further medical care even if any kind of symptoms show up. Screening tests can find some cancers which are slow-developing that may cause harm to a person. As a result, some people can go in potentially harmful as well as expensive treatments that were not needed. The additional tests can be intrusive, costly, and may lead to unnecessary stress as well as worry.
Objectives of cancer screenings
Some tests can help find some types of cancer even before the appearance of any signs or symptoms. The main goals of a cancer screening are –
- Reducing the number of people who can die from the disease, or preventing the deaths from cancer
- Reducing the number of people who can develop cancer
Types of cancer screening tests in Bangalore
There are different screening tests for each type of cancer. Let us look at some of the common tests that are included in the cancer screening packages in Bangalore.
1. Breast cancer
- Mammography – It is an x-ray that is specifically designed for viewing the breast. The images that are produced by mammography called mammograms are able to show tumors or any irregularities in the breast.
- Clinical breast examination – The doctor will look and feel for any changes in the size, shape, and even the skin of the breast and nipples.
- Breast self-examination – A woman will look and feel for any changes in her own breasts.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – An MRI is not usually used for breast cancer screening. However, it can be useful for women with dense breasts, who have a higher risk of breast cancer and if a lump is found during the breast exam.
2. Cervical cancer
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) test – Cells will be scraped from a woman’s cervix externally and tested for strains of HPV. Some strains of HPV may be linked to an increased risk of cervical cancer. This test may be done alone or in combination with a Pap test.
- Pap test – This test will also us cells from a woman’s cervix. Any precancerous or cancerous cells will then be identified.
3. Colorectal cancer
- Colonoscopy – The doctor will insert a colonoscope into the rectum to check the entire colon for any polyps or cancer.
- Fecal occult blood test (FOBT) – This test can find any blood in stool, which might be a sign of polyps or cancer.
- Double contrast barium enema – An x-ray of the colon and rectum which will focus on the outline of the colon and rectum. This test will screen people who cannot have a colonoscopy.
4. Lung cancer screening tests in Bangalore
- Low-dose computed tomography (CT or CAT) scan – A CT scan will take x-rays from inside the body from various angles. These images are combined into one detailed image which will show any abnormalities.
5. Prostate cancer
- Digital rectal examination (DRE) – The doctor will insert a gloved and lubricated finger into a man’s rectum to feel the prostate surface for any irregularities.
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test – This blood test will measure the PSA level. PSA will be higher-than-normal in men having prostate cancer. However, a high PSA can also mean conditions that may not be cancerous.
6. Skin cancer
- Complete skin exam – A doctor will check the skin body for skin cancer signs.
- Dermoscopy – A doctor will use a handheld device for examining the size, shape, as well as the pigmentation of skin lesions. It is generally used for detecting melanoma early.
There are a variety of Cancer screening packages in Bangalore. The Cancer screening tests in Bangalore are very helpful in detecting different kinds of cancers in their early stages, even if the patient does not display any obvious signs and symptoms of the disease. Early detection of potentially fatal conditions such as cancer will give people a good chance to defeat them.